Feb 11, 2009

treatment started

Last night Oscar got his first trilostane pill. I've been pretty worried about it reading about the side effects - vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy. It was 70 degrees out so I chose to work from home so I could take him to the dog park on my lunch break. He loves to run around, really loves it, and I don't know if he'll feel up to it for a while so I wanted him to have a good day at the park.
He got his pill with peanut butter last night and of course Simon thought he needed a treat too, so he got one, I think he's gonna get fat if he gets one every night. This morning Oscar seemed fine, I'm crossing my fingers that he'll be "normal" when I get home tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Reduced fat peanut butter works for my girls. When one was on pills for eating mouse poison the other thought she needed a treat too (doggies get jealous) - so a little bit of reduced fat PB worked and neither got fat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my merle has epilepsy and a thyroid problem. he gets a lot of meds in the morning and at night. his "sister" bobbi lee has been administered placebo liverwurst all along each time merle gets his meds. she has not put on weight from it.
    only once in over 5 years, did my husband ever give the pills to the wrong dog (!) it's a funny story I can tell you about later.

    ReplyDelete